On August 12, 2011, we
were waiting to hear from the adoption agency. This was the fourth time that we
had submitted our name for a boy on the waiting child list. The first three
times we had not been matched but this time felt different to both of us.
During lunch, Brent was
praying that we would be matched with this boy and as he opened his Bible, it fell open to this exact verse:
1 Samuel 1:27 NAS "For this boy I prayed, and the Lord has given me my petition which I asked of Him. So I have also dedicated him to the Lord; as long as he lives he is dedicated to the Lord.”
1 Samuel 1:27 NAS "For this boy I prayed, and the Lord has given me my petition which I asked of Him. So I have also dedicated him to the Lord; as long as he lives he is dedicated to the Lord.”
This verse was Hannah's
prayer of joy regarding the birth of Samuel, her long awaited son; but to us this seemed
like quite a confirmation. Sharon also felt in her prayers that this child was the
one.
Later, the phone rang around 5 PM, and our social worker, Tara, informed Sharon that we had been matched with this child. Sharon came downstairs crying, she could only say "you have a son!" The girls came running down the stairs, we were all so excited!
Later, the phone rang around 5 PM, and our social worker, Tara, informed Sharon that we had been matched with this child. Sharon came downstairs crying, she could only say "you have a son!" The girls came running down the stairs, we were all so excited!
![]() |
| Isaac at 15 months old |
Later that evening, we went to Symphony on the Prairie and had a great time. Everyone was in a great mood!
That night, Olivia wrote in her journal (the girls running down the stairs to hear the news...check out the pants on Daddy!?!) :


No comments:
Post a Comment