Friday, May 25, 2012

Meeting Isaac Part 1

Sharon writing - Here I am at the Holt Adoption Agency...waiting...as I am sitting here, reality is settling in that we are about to meet our son! I can hear the familiar sounds of cars and buses zoom by, but I feel like I'm in a whole other world. Everything feel so surreal.


Shortly after the picture above, we head down to the garage preparing to travel an hour to Isaac's home and all of a sudden a man starts to approach us with who I come to realize is Isaac! My mouth drops and I am stunned. When I come to my senses, the foster father is already in front of me handing Isaac to me! He is beautiful! I embrace my son trying to steel myself from being overtaken with tears, but the emotions are too strong, the tears come streaming down.

Brent writing - Meanwhile I'm scrambling to get the video camera out of the bag...and managed to get a little video (sorry we can't post pictures or videos with the foster family's faces in them, we will share what we can). Here are a few screenshots from the video:




Isaac waved as the foster father took him to the car and we got in the other car next to him. As we sat there a bit stunned, the Holt  representative, DJ, told us that she didn't realize that they were going to be there and was also surprised. We were disappointed when DJ said that we would only to be able to stay for an hour, as she needed to return to Holt for another meeting.

When we arrived at the foster family's home, we were greeted by the daughter who lives with them and who  we knew from the videos and pictures. We all sat on the floor on pillows and foster mother (who is always working) served us fruit and coffee. We brought a couple of gifts for Isaac for his birthday which he opened. One was the Pororo car and another gift was a recordable phone.


Isaac loved them both, particularly the phone. The phone rings when you put it down and you have to answer to hear a message. Isaac would answer the phone, say 'Annong!' (hello) and bow. He was also warming up to us a little at this point and gave us kisses:


After this there was a conversation between DJ and the foster family and then DJ told us that we could stay with the family all day and they would take us back to our hotel! This just doesn't happen...very rare...we realize what a gift this is. Thanks to so many of our family and friends who are praying for us.

Have to run...part 2 to come later today.

5 comments:

  1. Precious Precious! I LOVE it when he bows as he answers the phone!!! Too cute!! Noah is standing here watching, and he can't wait for you to come home with him!! Love you guys! Looking forward to update part 2!

    Polly & Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. What a neat little guy. We are so happy for your family.

    Clint & Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. As if I haven't cried enough today with Liv's graduation! Such an answer to prayer and so happy for you guys. Love him! -----J

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet!!! Sharon, your smile is so radiant as you hold him. Mala says "Isaac is so perfectly beautiful!!" hee hee
    Not surprised that you had the whole day with him...our God is in the miracle business!!!
    We love you and are praying!! Rox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears are running down my face too. I am just so happy for all of you. Blessings my friend.

    Sonnefield Clan

    ReplyDelete